Friday 17 August 2007

Possible Route

Using Liftershalte I've been checking out possible itineraries for the trip. With this website I can scroll through a map of any area I like and find out about good/bad hitching spots.
The site is not very old as far as I know but already there are quite a few helpful spots along the (possible) route I want to take.

Leaving Prague I will probably head first to Brno, which can be reached along one road over a distance of X kilometres. From there I could head almost directly to Bratislava (where I could possibly meet up with Eva), then head for Budapest and Belgrade, before heading towards the coast in Montenegro.
I don't plan to stay in the cities every time I stop by them, since I want to spend as much time as possible in the countryside. It does make the journey a lot simpler though, especially since any drivers heading for cities are likely to be going a much further distance than any drivers that are not.

No comments: